The conference planned between 28 and 30 May in Helsinki is cancelled but in its place, we plan a virtual conference accessible to all members through the free Zoom service.
We ask you to reserve the following times in your agenda:
Thursday 28 May 10.30 - 12.00 CET (OperaVision)
14:00 – 16:15 CET
Friday 29 May 10:30 – 12:00 CET (Members only)
15:00 – 16:45 CET
The conference will focus on topics essential to the continued health of our opera companies, where sharing and common actions may deliver benefits, including:
• Short presentations of practical responses to the current crisis from our active specialist groups on: artists’ contracts; business survival models; human resources; technical deployment; ticket reimbursement plans
• Co-production marketplace for cancelled or postponed productions
• The Future of OperaVision for partners and potential partners
• Planning for an uncertain future when live performances resume
• Statutory business of the association
Now more than ever is a time for opera companies to join together for the common good of both artists and audiences. Opera Europa’s purpose is to coordinate those efforts.
Please join us from wherever you are on 28 and 29 May. Register your interest by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive the detailed programme and Zoom log-in details ahead of the event.