Joining Opera Europa
Opera Europa welcomes professional opera companies which stage at least one production per year, as well as affiliated organisations. For more information, please contact Susanna Werger.
Opera Europa’s information systems offer:
- Operabook, our custom-made casting and production database, including records from our member companies and beyond since 2011
- Address book with key staff in member companies to facilitate communication and participation
- Listservs for specialist networking opportunities and broader sharing of collegial advice
- A comprehensive and updated database of members’ future production plans hosted on www.operabook.org, allowing a collaborative marketplace for co-productions, rentals and exchanges for those who contribute
- Access to a benchmarking tool with confidential financial profiles of many member companies for those who contribute
- Access to the document centre with presentations and programmes of past events and relevant documentation as well as to the discussion board an open forum for posting discussion topics among members
- Free placement of job offers on the Opera Europa website Reduced advertising rates in our newsletter and on our website
- Possibility to become a contributor to OperaVision and place extracts or full-length performances on the platform
- Beyond the online services, members benefit from live networking and participation opportunities via
- Discounted rates for attendance of our 2 main annual conferences
- Discounted rates for attendance of our specialist forum meetings
- Access to exclusive members-only meetings online
- Consultation on management issues from the Opera Europa executive team
- Involvement in professional advocacy and lobbying through association membership of Pearle* and Culture Action Europe as well as reciprocal membership benefits with Opera America
- Voting and eligibility rights at Opera Europa’s General Assembly of Members
A quarterly printed newsletter keeps members informed of activities, conference programmes and professional issues affecting member companies.
Opera Europa public initiatives
The Board of Opera Europa has determined to prioritise several initiatives for the association's work over the next few years.
OperaVision is a freeview opera streaming platform, supported by the European Union's Creative Europe programme. The place to see opera online, OperaVision is a window on the varied landscape of musical theatre for a connected world.
Watch performances streamed live from the theatre, and on demand for several months thereafter. Enjoy a variety of shows - including opera, operetta, musical theatre, dance, ballet and concerts - all for free, live and on demand. OperaVision offers new streams every week making up a balanced online season of the best loved titles alongside world premieres and new discoveries. OperaVision is an invitation to travel online to discover the diversity of musical theatre from wherever you want, whenever you want.
Classical music lover or curious newcomer, there is something for everyone on OperaVision. Behind the scenes videos help you discover more about specific productions. Whatever language they are sung in, all productions have subtitles to help viewers understand the action. Bonus content provides insights into the stories on stage and the people - on and off stage - who bring these shows to life. OperaVision also believes in its role as a digital stage for emerging artists. In partnership with young artists’ programmes in Europe and beyond, OperaVision streams performances, masterclasses, and concerts by the next generation of talent, as well as follow them through a new podcast series.
World Opera Day
This joint initiative by Opera Europa, Opera America and Opera Latinoamérica is celebrated on 25 October with the support of UNESCO and ITI. More information here.