Since 2013, Opera Europa has organised seven intensive one-week summer courses for promising opera professionals wishing to further their career. The alumni counts over 200 colleagues so far.
The course is aimed at young(ish) professionals with potential and ambition to grow their careers in opera by understanding ‘the bigger picture’ of opera production. Participants will benefit from expert lectures on aspects such as Artistic programming and planning, Financial structures and management, HR and administrative issues, Production management, Marketing & Communications, Education and Fundraising.
Following each lecture, they will break out into small groups under the leadership of opera managers to delve into practical issues and considerations and understand the decision processes which influence the management of an opera company.
This experience will increase their understanding of the various positions and responsibilities within an opera company, give them more confidence in their work and allow them to start building an international network of professional contacts.
A special thanks to our past hosts
- 2019 - Rossini Opera Festival Pesaro (Italy)
- 2018 - Opera Poznań (Poland)
- 2017 - Opéra de Lille (France)
- 2016 - Bregenzer Festspiele (Austria)
- 2015 - Festival Castell de Peralada (Spain)
- 2014 - Teatro Sociale di Como (Italy)
- 2013 - Armel Opera Festival at Lake Balaton (Hungary)