Following months of theatre closures the opera sector has taken the opportunity to reboot. On 25 October join the celebration of a new awakening of the arts.
The third edition of World Opera Day will take place in a still uncertain context. Opera houses have lived long months of silence to think about their fragile future. Former production models have been challenged, and many have invested thought and time in re-inventing themselves to embody their roles as responsible actors in society. We hope that 25 October will correspond to the launch of new seasons and will be an opportunity to reboot.
OPERA REBOOT alludes to
- Restarted activity for opera around the world
- GREEN OPERA: re-evaluated production models, taking into account eco-responsible choices
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES: recognising the diversity of citizens can be better reflected in the sector, in the workforce, on stage as well as in the audience
- JOBS FOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF TALENT: preparing young artists and dedicated professionals for a career in Opera
For World Opera Day, Opera Europa invites its members to highlight their efforts in one of these areas.
Opera Europa celebrates World Opera Day on 25 October 2021 with Europe-wide initiatives in line with OPERA REBOOT :
- Next Stage launch: Kearney publication of the survey results on the opera sector’s engagement in Sustainability, Equality and Digital Transformation
- Presentation of the Opera Management Course candidates
- Publication of the Freedom & Support for Afghan Music Charter
- OperaVision focus on Young Artist Programmes
- Coordination of communications & social media activity
The opera sector can seize the opportunity to come together to show the world that opera is alive and an actor for positive change. Share your story on World Opera Day. Join us on 25 October!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any World Opera Day matter.